Instant Pot Duo80 Review
Cooking lovers are always on the hunt for making new recipes and concocting new drinks. If you are one such cooking buff who is ever busy cooking in the kitchen or watching cookery shows, you must very well know the importance of robust cooking appliances.
There are kitchen appliances that cut down cooking time heavily and allow you to prepare some lip-smacking dishes in no time. There are hundreds of kitchen appliances in the market that help you do your kitchen errands easily. From 3-in-1 chopper to 2-in-1 toaster, the market is simplifying doing odd jobs of the kitchen.
One such great appliance which is designed to perform as many as seven major cooking functions is Instant Pot Duo80 which is one of the best pressure cookers.
In this post, we will learn more about this wonderful appliance in detail.
What is Instant Pot Duo80
Instant Pot Duo80 is the Best Electric Pressure Cooker which was made by Canadians that wanted to design a safe and convenient kitchen appliance. Instant Pot Duo80 Quart is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker that dispenses with the need of having 7 different kitchen appliances as it performs the functions of pressure cooker, slow cooker, best rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker & warmer.
It accelerates cooking almost 6 times and reduces energy consumption by 70%. You can now cook anything in just one appliance in a convenient manner.
Instant Pot Duo80 uses the latest 3rd generation technology coupled with an embedded microprocessor. This will keep a check on the pressure, temperature, and heating intensity.
It has 14 built-in smart programs viz. Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize & Jiu Niang. So, with Instant Pot Duo80 in your kitchen, you can do multitasking like never before and cook your favorite dishes by just pressing a button.
This appliance will improve your cooking results and at the same time maintain the consistency of the food. It does not produce any loud noise and does not leak so that users enjoy safe cooking.
The cooking programs performed by Instant Pot Duo80 have been lab-tested multiple times that certify its phenomenal cooking effects and safe use. There is a 24-hour timer provided which enables you to do delayed cooking.
Its automatic keep-warm ability will lock in the temperature of the food so that you enjoy piping hot food. It keeps the nutrients and scrumptious aroma of the food locked without increasing the temperature of your kitchen.
It has a 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot which imparts longevity to the product and makes it highly durable. It is designed in such a way that users avoid erroneous cooking. Apart from its solid material, it has a non-stick coating which helps you in cooking healthy food. It has a slim body with lid holders for both left and right-handed users.
Also, the brushed stainless-steel exterior is made fingerprint-resistant. The design is made keeping in mind the convenience of the users so that they can clean easily.
Please note that Instant Pot Duo80 is 110v and for use in North America. So, if you reside in Europe or other 220-240v territories it will not operate.
Features of Instant Pot DUO80
Performs several cooking functions: Instant Pot does various cooking functions for you, whether it is steaming, cooking, yogurt making, etc. It helps your sundry cooking requirements and dispenses with the need of buying a separate apparatus for separate recipes. Instant Pot Duo80 will work as slow cooker, pressure cooker, food warmer, best steamer, sauté pan, etc.
Safe and reliable: One of the best things about this kitchen appliance is that it never leaks which means you will not have to waste time cleaning the place as there will be no spills. It is made of stainless steel which makes it highly durable and will not require any repair for a long time. The pot does not make any loud noise, keeps the food warm, and maintains the smell of the food. It is also print resistant.
Premium Build Quality: The inner cooking mode of its stainless steel is made with the food grade of 304 without any chemical coating. So, when you are ready to eat your delectable food, you will not eat chemicals with it. It has a 3-ply bottom for equal heat distribution that maintains the heat of the food. The environment surrounding the food is kept sealed that locks in its smell, flavors, smells, as well as nutrients.
Takes less cooking time and saves energy: Instant Pot Duo80 accelerates cooking time to 6x. This means you scale down your energy consumption and save up to 70% energy as compared to other kitchen appliances.
Offers 14 smart-programs: Instant Pot features 14 smart programs such as Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook.
Timer and warmer settings: It offers a setting option that allows you to adjust the time so you can delay the cooking time and also adjust the temperature of the food.
Easy cleaning: Instant Pot Duo80 remains non-sticky even after several times cooking and can be cleaned easily.
Specifications of Instant Pot DUO80
- Working pressure: High 10.2 ~ 11.6psi (70 ~ 80kPa); Low 5.8 ~7.2 psi (40 ~ 50kPa)
- Pressure release limit: 16.68psi (115kPa)
- Working temperature: 115°C ~ 118°C (239°F ~ 244°F) at high pressure setting; 110°C ~ 112°C (229 ~ 233°F) at low pressure setting.
- “Keep warm” function: up to 99 hours 50 minutes, 63 ~ 78°C (145 ~ 172°F);
- “Slow Cook” function: 0.5 ~ 20 hours, at 88 ~ 99°C (190 ~ 210°F)
- “Sauté” function: “Normal” mode: 160 ~ 176°C (320 ~ 349°F); “More” mode: 175 ~ 210°C (347 ~ 410°F); “Less” mode: 135 ~ 150°C (275 ~ 302°F).
- “Yogurt” function: up to 99 hours 30 minutes. “Normal” mode for making yogurt: 36 ~ 43° C (96.8 ~ 109.4°F); “Less” mode for making Jiu Niang (fermented glutinous rice): 30 ~ 34°C (86 ~ 93.2°F); “More” for pasteurizing milk: 71~83°C (160~180°F).
- Please note that beeping is always ON in all error conditions.
How to use Instant Pot Duo80
If you are using Instant Pot Duo80 for the first time, please follow the instructions mentioned below to make the most of this appliance.
- Firstly, unpack all the accessories from the package and go through the user manual provided. Read the operational instructions and cautions carefully to keep any danger or injury at bay and also avoid damage to your property.
- Wash the inside of the lid and inner pot with some warm, soapy water and let it dry completely. Make sure you never wash the cooker base with water or any other liquid. Now clean the outside of the cooker base with a clean damp cloth. Please remember that you cannot clean the cooker base in the dishwasher. However, you can put the lid and sealing ring to be cleaned and washed in the dishwasher.
- If you are using the dishwasher to clean the lid and sealing ring, make sure water is fully drained after washing. Check the lid to clean any food debris blocking the valves.
- Installing the Condensation Collector: To install the condensation collector, you have to slide it into the slot on the cooker base. Do the reverse if you want to remove it for cleaning.
- Removing and Reinstalling the Anti-Block Shield: To remove the anti-block shield, you have to push it on the side and outward. To install the anti-block shield, position it in place and press it down.
- Removing and Installing the Sealing Ring: The sealing ring has to be pulled outward, section by section from the sealing ring rack and it will be removed. To reinstall it, you have to press it down into the rack section by section. The sealing ring can be installed with either side facing up.
- Each time you plan to use Instant Pot Duo80, check that sealing ring is fixed properly in the sealing ring rack. Also, make sure that you have mounted the anti-block shield on the pressure release valve. When you have properly seated the sealing ring, you can shift it in the clockwise or anti-clockwise direction inside the sealing ring rack.
- Once you have used it, clean all the food debris from the sealing ring and anti-block shield.
- Always clean the sealing ring to ward off odor. Use warm soapy water or dishwasher to remove odor. It may happen that the sealing ring may give off pungent odors because it absorbs the smell of some acidic foods.
- It is suggested that users must have more than one sealing ring at home. You can buy additional sealing rings from www.InstantPot.com.
- If you see any cuts, cracks, or damages on the sealing crack, immediately replace it with a new one. Do not pull the sealing ring by force, as it may damage the sealing ring and ring rack.
How to make the best of Instant Pot Duo80
If you want to use your Instant Pot Duo80 for a long period of time without making any damages to it, then proper care and maintenance are very necessary. This will keep the product safe and pristine in its original condition.
Stop using the appliance immediately when any of the following happens:
- Power cord and plug are worn out, deformed, discolored or damaged.
- The cooker gets heated and gives off a burnt smell.
- A portion of the power cord gets abnormally heated.
- The appliance makes unusual sounds or vibrations when switched on.
Precautions to be taken during cleaning:
- Make sure you clean your Instant Pot Duo80 after you have used it. Use a clean cloth to wipe the black inner housing rim and keep it dry.
- Take out the lid and the inner pot before washing them with detergent, After that rinse them with water and pat dry with a soft cloth
- Do not use water to clean the cooker base. Use a damp cloth to clean it. If the power cord is plugged in, never use a wet cloth to clean the pot.
Pros and Cons of Instant Pot Duo80
- It offers multiple cooking settings, programmable features, and cooking functions. You can make brown rice, dried beans, and yogurt, all in one appliance with ease.
- It helps to make soft and delicious food in lesser time.
- It saves time and cuts down the wastage of energy.
- It has a non-stick surface which provides for easy cleaning.
- You can cook a meal for 8 to 10 people in one go.
- The material used to design the pot is highly durable and traps the heat and aroma of the food.
- It works as a 3-in-1 cooking appliance and replaces a small slow cooker, rice cooker, and pressure cooker
- It comes with a recipe book which provides several cooking recipes for beginners to try. You can follow step by step process and make delectable food without any hassles.
- The Instant Pot has an amazing sauté feature which allows you to make slow cooker meals such as marinara sauce etc.
- The size of the pot is very huge and will require a large chunk of storage space in your kitchen.
- The button functions of Instant Pot are a bit complicated. Beginners might take some time to understand all the features.
- The pot may not provide instant meals.
- Food may stick inside the pot and require cleaning.
- The lid seals provided at the bottom are a bit difficult to clean.
Instant Pot Duo 80 has gained popularity all over the world for its horde of robust cooking functions. It serves as a great multi-purpose kitchen appliance that not only performs the work of the 14 different appliances but also accelerates cooking time. Its ease of cooking and ease of cleaning are some factors that contributed to its popularity among cooking connoisseurs.
Instant Pot’s pot solid built coupled with safe and reliable working has made a special place for it in every man’s kitchen. Customers can easily purchase it online as it is readily available on different websites including Amazon.